1. The benefits of positive thinking are not questioned anymore. Every morning, when you wake up, try to think of 3 positive things for the day ahead. Even small things, like being grateful for the rays of sunlight outside, will improve your mood and create a calm and positive mind for the rest of your day.
2. Upon waking, drink an entire glass of water. Water is really important to hydrate and purify your body, if it is your first action of the day, you will feel the positive effects multiplied by ten.
3. A little bit of stretching with some deep breathing will help re-equilibrate your energy and prevent body pains.
4. Accompany your breakfast with a glass of squeezed lemon and water. Lemon helps to stimulate and detoxify the body and will give you energy to start a beautiful day.
5. Never skip breakfast! It is the most important meal of the day as it gives you energy. Plus eating a healthy meal first thing sets the tone for the day and you will more likely make healthier choices throughout the day. If you find it difficult to eat a meal go for a smoothie. There are thousands of delicious recipes out there or create your own! Some inclusions may be vegan milks (almond, oat or seed milks), fruits, vegetables, cacao… choose your favorites and mix them up to benefit from a range of different fruits, vegetables and other ingredients. Also try adding different superfoods to your diet!
6. If you enjoy a full breakfast, great! Options are unlimited, whether you prefer a sweet or savoury dish. Examples include vegan pancakes, smoothie bowls, scrambled tofu or just a simple smashed avocado on toast. The list is endless! The important thing is to listen to your body and use healthy and wholesome ingredients (wholemeal bread, nuts, seeds, grains, quinoa, vegan raw chocolate, whole fruits/vegetables etc.) Try to incorporate a healthy source of carbohydrates, fats and protein (vegan ideally!). This will help to ensure that you stay fuller for longer and should satiate you until lunch time.
7. Before going about your day, smile at your reflection in the mirror. Strange advice isn’t it? Well, studies have proved that a smile, even forced, always send a message to the brain that will immediately send happy hormones all around the body.
Is there something you do in the morning that contributes to you having a happy day? Comment below and share the love with the rest of the Grassy Hopper community!